How much can I save?
People vary rarely know exactly what's covered on their policy.
It's a fairly safe assumption to make that you'll be covered for an overnight stay on a private hospital - but what about which hospital? Physiotherapy? After care? Each option can drastically effect your premium.
When speaking to an adviser about cover, it's best to first think about what's important to you.
What should I consider?
You don't want to be in the situation of becoming ill only to find out that your policy wont cover you, so before looking at your options, think about the following:
1. Which hospitals are nearest to you? If you're unsure, you can ask your intermediary to run a search using your post code.
2. Do you want to use private cover following a GP referral?
3. Travel cover - sometimes it can be cheaper than buying a separate policy.
4. Cancer & heart cover
5. Are you happy to use the NHS if you're seen quickly?
6. How much are you prepared to pay towards your treatment?
If you're new to healthcare, it can be a good idea to ask your intermediary to draw up a few options varying in price just to see what cover you'll receive for each.